Monday, August 10, 2009

So, what you are saying is...?

I am a TV watcher who enjoys watching cooking shows. There are some I can handle, and then there are those I cannot (The Neely's, Sandra Lee, Rachael Ray, just to name a few). The chipper-ness, fake food, and too many ingredient recipes, make for an unhappy girl. So, when I saw this (http://www.newsweek.com/id/210852) article comparing Julia Child to Sandra Lee, I was hooked.

I am a little stumped as to why Sandra Lee would consider herself a daughter of Julia Child. Let's see.

They both went to Le Cordon Bleu (And that is where the similarities end).
SL cooks dumps 70% of pre-packaged food together for a"recipe"
JC actually cooked

Is she the red-headed step child who missed out on the lessons of Julia Child, b/c she was making cocktails, mocktails and tablescapes? Or was she just too busy matching her set to her outfit.

No comments: