OK, so last night was my 10 year high school reunion. And I just saw some pictures of it...and I have no sadness about not being there. I don't know if I still have bitterness/bad juju regarding my high school years or if others feel the same way, but I just had no desire to go to the reunion and hang out with people who I haven't spoken to in, oh, 10 YEARS. Granted, I am "friends" with them on facebook, but they aren't really a group of people that I would traipse back to the south and spend an evening with them. I am sorry if someone from my high school reads this, but it is a general statement, not directed at a specific person. The pictures show people, who in my opinion, have not left our town, and are still hanging out with the same friends from 9th grade, which for them is great. I just don't know if I could do it. I don't want to relive my awkward high school days where I didn't know who I was and never felt like I truly fit in...and maybe that is why I choose not to go...I have nothing to reminisce about with a large group of people.
Anyhoo, I would like to get back to see my friends from college...now that I would traipse all over to reminisce.
Roasted Zucchini and Mushrooms with Feta
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
I have to say that I did go back for my 10 year reunion (several years ago now...ugh!) and I was pleasantly surprised at what I experienced. I think our class is an exception to the rule, esp. from what I hear from many, many others, but everyone seemed to have let go of their old issues and seemed genuinely happy to see everyone else. Or...maybe it was me that changed and I was so comfortable in my skin that I was the one that had let everything else go...at any rate, I had so much fun! Then again, I have my 20 year reunion in the not-so-distant future (3 years)....how can that be?!?! I still look 18....right??? right???
Post a Comment