Saturday, January 31, 2009

I just lost my best pal...


I have had the hardest morning, and have had to do something I never thought I would ever have to do. My sweet Talullah is no longer with me. The bully in her got the best of her and took over my sweet snuggle bug of a dog. I have lost a family member, but I know it was the right decision, regardless of how miserable I am going to be without her under the covers and in my face for a belly rub, and those kisses that make bad days beautiful again. I need her now to cure my sadness, and I can only look at pictures of her sweet face. I feel worse for Lucy, who lost her best friend, compadre, play pal and sister. When will she stop searching the house for her little chew toy, and stop waiting for her to come down the stairs? When will my heart feel whole again, after losing my baby girl?


For those of you who have pets, go and hug them right now and when they get in the trash or on your sofa, don't get mad, they just want your attention. Snuggle a minute longer, pet them more often, and take them for rides so they can feel the cool air on their face. They provide you so much joy, you won't realize until you no longer have them. Trust.In.That.


Talullah: I hope doggie heaven has bones out the wazoo, I love you and I am so sorry.

1 comment:

Monkey Puffin said...

Im so sorry about your loss my friend. If you have learned anything about me you know that I am obssessed with our dogs. People may literally think that they are my children that I birthed so I know what its like to love that extra family member. I will say a prayer for you and the little one tonight. I can not beging to imagine how you feel right now but just know that she loves you and knows that the decision you made was for her best interest. I know that you gave eachother an amazing life together and have memories to last a lifetime. Im sure she is looking down on you and running around in big green fields full of bones and toys.