I think we were meant to be at the bar on Saturday night. We met someone from our side of the world, the South. And I know it seems a bit weird and potentially closed minded about meeting someone from a geographically similar area - but until you live here, don't judge.
I find comfort in small things, hearing a southern drawl, having people respond positively when I smile at them, heck any kind of response, and I will take it. We were at CK's, Wisconsin was playing Ohio State. I was in my full Ohio State regalia, as I stated then and I will state now; I have NOT converted, I was merely supporting my husband. It was a grand time, Scott the TN fan even invited us to Thanksgiving dinner, such a sign of southern hospitality, "You don't have family here, well be our family, we are frying a turkey..." pretty much how the conversation went.
We also met out Heather and Aaron, not to mention our friends Erin and Stephanie behind the bar.
1 comment:
Can't believe you are wearing a OSU jersey. We are going to have to have a talk at that pond weekend!
Post a Comment