Hi all, so here is the scoop. I am trying out my green thumb with container gardening. Go big or go home, right. We aren't going to try with no stinking house plant...lets go for food :)
I got the idea while in visiting my family in IN. They are all farmers, the real kind, with big tractors and 4000 acres to farm every year!! Well, they had some beefsteak tomatoes and Jason LOVED them. I think he suprised my sweet Grandmother at how much he liked them, by eating her share. So, I thought hmmm...AZ has a different planting season, and I bet it would work great now to plant. (Come to find out, Sept/Oct and February is peak planting season out here.)
Let's be honest, I have never done this before and I have been removed from the farm for many years. But, why not let's give it a shot. Especially with the current state of things, I am really wanting to reassure myself that if necessary Jason and I can be self-reliant when it comes to food and other needs. Not to mention, having fresh veggies that we grew at Thanksgiving gives me all types of warm fuzzies and images of wearing pilgrim outfits (now that would be funny).
So, I did a little research and found out the best plants to grow in a container garden. It pretty much works for most things, including lettuce! Hello fresh salad! So, here is what we have planted. All you need is a bucket (avg 5 gallons), some good dirt (out of a bag), seeds (starter plants), and some hands. And voila, you have a garden...simple right?!?
I am looking forward to see what I can accomplish... love going in the mornings to water.
Lets get growing!
2 comments:
Now all we need to get you are a few,chickens. Honestly these is nothing like "fresh"eggs and chickens are so much fun to watch.
Would this be my Aunt Karen?!? If not, please redeem yourself, we are all friends here :)
Post a Comment