So, this past weekend I saw two dots, seemingly stars, which were much brighter than I have seen in quite a while. Now mind you, the sky in Phoenix is just breathtaking and gorgeous, something so entirely different than what I am used to, shocking right? Well, low and behold there was something in the sky - planets. Yep, thats right people, I was looking at Jupiter and Venus, according to http://spaceweather.com/, tonight was the night you would be able to see a three-way conjunction of the crescent moon, Venus and Jupiter. I am guessing they have been visible for three or more nights, but tonight is when they were huddled together. I actualloy went out after dark - had to get my Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka...(yes they have it here and I got the last bottle at BevMo). Thankfully, I am not totally off my rocker as I was wondering how in the world the North Star moved south somehow - nope it was two cool planets.
I am so excited I got to see this, and more importantly know that the UFO's are staying in New Mexico :).
Roasted Zucchini and Mushrooms with Feta
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
Gosh, funny you would say that. I saw it on the news when I got home last night so I went out to have a look. Of course it is so dark out at the pond that I really got a good look. Will be out looking again tonight. It is so cold here brrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I saw them too! They were so beautiful!
Post a Comment