Thursday, August 14, 2008

What the....?!?

Okay, so this week has been completley bizarre and weird. I really don't even know where to start with my recap of this week, other than it was totally unexpected.

So, as you all know I have had some previous history of drama with my hips, and have had them reconstructed, have a bone disease blah blah blah. Well, on Monday, my left hip (the good one) locked up on me within two hours. It went from sore to locked in a very short time period, which is very strange considering it is the near perfect one. Jason took me to the ER, and 10 hours later we finally saw a doctor. (I will get to that one, trust me.) I was then ADMITTED to the hospital for an unknown infection indicated by a high white blood cell count. Who saw that one coming, Bueller, anyone? Needless to say, it was an unseen event that turned into a comedy of errors until Thursday morning. Luckily, I am home and I have a bladder infection that my hip did not like and reacted to. Phew... yes I stayed in the hospital for three nights.

Back to the 10 hour wait in the ER. What is wrong with today's managment of time and sick people? I know there are a lot less doctors than there are patients, but 10 hours really? I saw more people who needed to be seen and let go than I want to count, but no they sat there in queue waiting for their number to come up. They were listed on a need basis. And what is with all these people who have gall bladder issues? Hello, can we say excuse or just tell them to change their diet and stop eating the crappy food. Oh and if you are waiting in the ER to see a doctor, DON'T go smoke a cigarette and come back and ask if your name has been called. Do you really think doctors want to see that you are "sick" but well enough to smoke? Seriously?

I could go on for days regarding how many just wrong behaviors I witnessed in that hospital, but the most aggravating, was the fact that I was sitting there on day 2 and 3, able to eat, walk, talk and do all I needed to do, but no doctor would come tell me what the hold up was. I can't decide if the humor lies in the fact of me suffering from a bladder infection indicated by a hip pain or that I was sitting in the hospital for eight hours yesterday waiting to be told if I was allowed to go home. Even the nurse who does IV's for us vein envy peeople couldn't believe she had to see me again and less than 24 hours after she put the first one in. This probably sounds very confusing, and that is becasue it was. There are no explanations for my medical mystery body. It has a very strange way of communicating with me when something is wrong. Apparently, when my hip hurts, it means I have a bladder infection...what the ***?

Anyways, I am home. My husband is AMAZING. My doctor was over precautious (can't complain there). I can walk - I am lucky.

1 comment:

khuck said...

So glad that you are back in business. We were worried about ya back here in Hotlanta.