This past Saturday, Jason and I went to a Professional Bull Riding event in Glendale. It was Jason's first time at a rodeo event - and it was pretty fantastic! Not only did they have a rock and roll beginning, the event managed to get me thinking.
It is amazing how much I forget how lucky I am to live in the country that I do. Too many times we look at the negative things, the politics, the economy, the smut thrown around by candidates for President. But, how much do we have to be thankful for? Men and women who fight on our borders, which has become much more relevant based on where we live. We see the Border Patrol in Phoenix, heading South with someone in the back seat. They are doing their job to keep our country safe from those who either wish it harm or aren't supposed to be here. I guess this is the time for me to become really aware of my views and standpoints on illegal immigration, but again I digress.
We truly are lucky to live in a land where we can use the internet, I am able to write these words without fear of being censored, I can have children without the concern of wanting to have more than one - or even conversing with the opposite sex in public. I guess I forget how much we are given without request for much except respect and taxes of course...Who would have thought a patriotic opening to a rodeo event could get little ole me to think?
So, to those who are serving - THANK YOU!
Roasted Zucchini and Mushrooms with Feta
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment