While in Phoenix, I promised myself that I would take every opportunity available to do things I would normally not do - either because of location, busy schedule etc. If there is ONLY one thing living in Arizona has provided me, it would be the lack of busy-ness. I now know I want to be busy, give back and keep my mind growing.
So, in the hopes of accomplishing a couple of things, I have found an organization that will take a piece of my heart I have a feeling. I have been scoping out Hunkapi, (pronounced Hoon-KAH-pee) for almost a year now. Check it out here: http://hunkapi.asu.edu/
As most of you know or don't know, my love and passion for horses is a bit crazy and scary at the same time. So, if I am going to volunteer, I want to make sure I am around something I love. And this organization is two-fold. They use horses in physical and emotional therapy for children, adults and family. I love the idea and practice of using horses to help, they are truly amazing creatures. There are a few out there (horses) that know my deepest darkest secrets - and they are good at keeping them.
I am so excited about starting at Hunkapi. There are so many benefits of it - best of all, I get to go out and play with ponies and get a bit dirty - who doesn't need a bit of dirt in her life?
Roasted Zucchini and Mushrooms with Feta
2 weeks ago
4 comments:
AMAZING!!! Keep us posted. Just sounds like a beautiful thing and a great way to give back!
Hey Misty ... thanks for the comment. My grandparents ... 50 years! Amazing! I am glad we can keep in touch, even if it is via blogging, whatever works! Your wedding pics are beautiful, congrats.
Hey Misty ... thanks for the comment. My grandparents ... 50 years! Amazing! I am glad we can keep in touch, even if it is via blogging, whatever works! Your wedding pics are beautiful, congrats.
oh that would be so wonderful...you'll enjoy evey bit of it.
Post a Comment