Monday, June 30, 2008

A new place to make it feel like home

Jason and I have been trying to find non-commercialized eateries around the Phoenix area. Considering, we live so close to almost every chain restaurant it can be difficult when we are feeling lazy...But yesterday morning, we hit the jackpot. We both love a good breakfast, and Brunchies brought that home for us. Not only was it in a new part of town we are not accustomed to, but it made us feel like we were getting a good ole Southern breakfast. And man did it feel good. When you first sit down, you get a basket of fried tortilla pieces tossed in cinnamon and sugar! I was beaming from ear to ear in excitement over that, so far so good. Next, I find a breakfast called "The Southerner", now I admit, I was a little skeptical based on the name - if they could really pull it off. And man did they! The sausage in the gravy was quarter-sized, the egg cooked perfectly and the biscuit weight almost a 1/4 of a pound! It was a way too much food for one girl to eat - so I got my egg and 1/3 of what was on my plate. But it was delish. YEAH, we have another place to take our guests - whenever we have some (wink wink nudge nudge)!



***For those that know me well, Dooney&Bourke have a new bag out and I am just salivating over it. It is the Girrafe print. I can't decide if I should bite the bullet or not. Hmmm.

3 comments:

khuck said...

love the bag...you know me. BITE IT (the bullet, that is). :)

khuck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex said...

Hi Misty! Thanks for your comments! I didn't know you had a blog ... it's beautiful!! I want to subscribe to your blog to (and post its link on mine) ... how do I do that? I am so blog-naive!!! :-)