Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moderator Say What?

Ok y'all. I am in school for an Associates degree in web design and interactive media - not a big deal, just trying to gain some more skills in my field. But I have finally encountered my first student bi**h topic, in a long while, and it is one that has been around for a WHILE.

Out of a seven day class (Thursday to Thursday online), why in the world would the flippin' moderator put ALL assignments due on Friday and Sunday? I mean seriously? Last week it was two out of three due on Sunday and then this week, we have this whopper of one due on Sunday evening. I understand it is the weekend and for those online students, there are no weekends or Tues/Thurs 8am classes (I hated those things), but really why would you choose to inflict homework on the two most favorite days of the week?

I just have to roll my eyes and hope one day I will be able to be that moderator or hell even Professor who doesn't do everything I have always complained about. I mean, seriously, have these moderators never been an online student, just like those professors who have hidden in academia and ran away from professional worlds? It just toots my horn when they act like they don't understand or never have been in the shoes of their students. Last time I checked, you have to be a student before you can Profess(or) or Moderate(or).

Snippy Student Signing Off.
M

1 comment:

Monkey Puffin said...

Hey there pen pal..

Interactive media huh, let me know if you need help with something that is my everyday life.

Well not the design side just the media side.

Hope all else is going good in your new home.