Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Can't Explain It.

So a little reflection on the recent events in our lives. It has been quite a year, already, and as I look back, a very interesting three-year adventure. Through it all, I knew I would learn something about myself, my relationship with Jason and how much trust I could really put in ourselves.

Everyone asks, "Are you sad to leave Phoenix?", and I have to answer honestly, no. I don't miss it, now do I miss the girls I became close to, absolutely, but in general do I miss Phoenix. Not one stinkin' bit. There are times in your life when you can pinpoint what it was you don't like about something, someone or somewhere, and that is how I feel about Phoenix. It wasn't home, it wasn't warm (friendly-wise), it didn't have a true feel to it, other than cold, unwelcoming and bland. The level of happiness I felt about leaving that place, really indicates to me it was not where we are supposed to be...I think there was smoke following me as I left.

In the same sense I can't define why I didn't like Phoenix, is the same feeling I have about Minneapolis, maybe it is because it isn't Phoenix. But, whatever the reason, I am so much happier here. Jason, bless his heart, had quite a mess on his hands while we were in Northern Mexico (aka Phoenix), and he has noticed the change most of all. And, THAT, is what I am most thankful for. His best friend, happy, giggly, giddy wifie is back. I hope everyone can come visit us in Southern Canada, because there are some cool things to do here, and hell if it makes me happy being in the frickin' cold on March 26th, we know it is a special place. That is another post to Mother Nature for another time. ha

Thankful Thursdays 3/26 Edition:
  1. My amazing husband...he is the BEST...no really he is.
  2. Venti Coffee from Starbucks with sugar free hazelnut
  3. Stripmalls in MN that have interiors...so no walking in the frigid cold
  4. Planes - that take me to people I love.
  5. Trips to SC

No comments: