Hi all!
Hope everyone is doing well. So, I was getting my hair "did" this weekend and I eavesdropped on another conversation because I heard blogging. And the question was, "What do these people have to blog about?" And it got me thinking - what do I have to blog about. Not much really - except the fact I have friends and family out and about that might, just might, want to see what is going on in our lives. What it really makes me wonder is if I am putting enough thought and purpose into my messages. Part of me says no, it doesn't matter what I write, the other part of me makes me think I need to communicate my point of views more clearly and use this forum in a different manner. Hmm - I will figure this one out.
I was driving around this weekend, as Jason had to work ALL weekend, and I found this old college mix CD I made a long time ago, and the first song is Gran Torino's You Don't Know What You Mean". This song has always resonated with me, but now it means so much more. As the words spoke of short times together, memories to make etc, I just realized, again, how precious the time we spend with people we love actually is. And the importance of telling those how much you love them and miss them. Now the CD was full of other songs, which made me remember each one of my best girlfriends from college. Each one of them were present in the car with me as the CD progressed. I can even recall the dance moves of one, and the lack of dance moves of another. For the first time a song has made an impact on me, which normally doesn't happen. So, I guess what I am trying to say, is I have FINALLY found my comfort CD...and it has been in my car all this time. As I miss my friends and family, it is hard to find things that can make me feel better without making me feel sad...This CD absolutely brings no sadness to me, but all joy and warm fuzzy feelings!
So I have now rambled enough, I hope everyone has a GREAT week and they are blessed in many ways. As a prayer request, please put the Jeff and Jessica Goslin in your thoughts (they are new parents to be), Paige Cook, Melissa Huck and all of those travelling next week to Miami for Megan and Tom's Wedding cruise.
Love always, M
Roasted Zucchini and Mushrooms with Feta
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
1. Your kitchen looks fab!
2. Thank you for the prayers!
3. I blog about absoltely nothing but my frineds and family seem to appreciate it...keep the blogs coming!
Post a Comment