Monday, November 19, 2007

Way Over Due!!

It was brought to my attention that I have not done a new posting since 8/19...wow how time flies.

Arizona is slowly growing on me. Needless to say, I am amazed everyday by its beauty and the things that go on around me. Jason and I have been celebrating football season and I must say my Tigers had a good year, though we missed our chance for an ACC Championship this Saturday...how sad. Jason is super excited, his Buckeyes beat Michigan. I have realized that the whole year is OK, but if they beat Michigan then everything else doesn't matter. Funny to think this time next year, I will be a Hinkle watching the Buckeyes, no longer a Mohr. (Jason pointed that out :)).

We are getting ready to host the Hinkles and Fletchers from Ohio for Thanksgiving. Crossing my fingers I don't burn the turkey or forget something! I am a little nervous hosting my future in-laws for my first Holiday. It is very strange. And I must admit not being at home with Gigi and my family is strange as well. It will be my first Thanksgiving away from home.

So here is a short wrap-up from the past three months:

Septmember:
This was a pretty calm month. Jason and I were just getting used to being in AZ and adjusting to not having our Football saturdays. We sure do miss seeing our buddies in Atlanta every Saturday. We did watch football at 9am on most Saturdays - at the bar. Nothing like Beer and Eggs to put a little hair on your chest right?!?!



Jason celebrated his birthday on the 24th. It was a good time, he had a Hooter's feast :)

October:

This month was an exciting one. I celebrated my birthday on the 3rd. But the middle of the month allowed me to go to San Francisco to see a couple of our buddies. The Goslins, Jeff and Jessie, were so gracious to allow me to stay with them. They have the BEST view of the city, including the Bay, from their home. Not to mention, I got to cuddle with the best cuddler - Foster. He is the only dog I know that actually knows what it means to spoon and man does he do it well :). While I was in SF, the main reason to go, my wonderful friend Staci Rozek was running in the Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon. I am stinking proud of her. We met up and toured Alcatraz and hung out down by the wharf. Her mom and uncle were so much fun. It was so good to see someone who I love so much and it was just a blessing to get me through until Christmas time. Not to mention, Staci was in Phoenix less than a month later for work. How cool is that. Here are some pictures of our trip to SF.






November:

Well, we are close to being through November. We have had some fun times with a visit from Staci and we are getting ready for Jason's family to come in. We are super excited they are making this long trip out to see us, it really means a lot. We have some fun days planned, so I will be better at posting I PROMISE. We are taking a trip to the Grand Canyon - in a 15 passenger van!!! We are going to be the Griswolds for the day!!!

Loves and hugs to all. Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

khuck said...

Now THAT is what I call a posting! Be sure to take lots of pictures of your upcoming adventures (esp. Grand Canyon...AND the Griswold's!). :) Miss you.

khuck said...

PS-- and your Thanksgiving spread. Want to see pics of that too!

Jess said...

I love the 3 month update! :-) And the shout out to Foster!