Thanksgiving:
Man was I nervous about hosting my first Thanksgiving. But man was it good and I loved every minute of it. It is crazy how much work goes into it, one really will never know until they do it themselves. Mrs. H and Vicky were wonderful helpers in the kitchen and man they made great dishes as well. It seems that we cleaned the kitchen almost five times before we were done.
So here is our menu:
Roasted Turkey stuffed with cornbread dressing
Smoked Turkey
Dressing (Cornbread)
Collards (Whoops - I kinda forgot about them in the microwave)
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato casserole
Macaroni and Cheese (by the way, when you have a seven year old having dinner, just fix him some Kraft)
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Cranberry Jello (Vicky it is the BEST!)
Oyster Dressing (Jason made that one)
We also had four desserts: Brownies, Pumpkin Gooey Cakes, Vanilla Pumpkin Pie and Thanksgiving Pie (a combo of pumpkin and pecan pie in one - it was a hit).
Needless to say we had tons of great food and family fun. Talullah had the spirit of Thanksgiving, she was passed out - only woke up to sniff around for dropped morsels.
Friday:
Rather than going shopping and getting good deals, we decided to hit up the Grand Canyon...a al Griswold's. We rented a 15-passenger van, unfortunatley no pictures of it. But it was a great trip, it is one of the most magnificent things I have ever seen. Yes it is a big hole, but it is just gorgeous. Here are some pictures:
All in all, it was a wonderful trip and I am really missing having my house full of noise and goings on. It is amazing how quiet can make you so sad. By the way, I am so stinking blessed to have a new family who is so kind, funny and loving. Really made my Thanksgivinb a thankful and reflecting occassion.
Loves and hugs to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment