Monday, April 14, 2008

What a wonderful weekend

Hi all,

Jason and I had a fantastic weekend. We finally got to spend some time together without having to worry about who was flying where, or when someone had to work. The weather was beautiful, and I hate to say it, but we are heading into the hot times. It hit 95 on Sunday. Warm enough for Hinkle to jump in the water - of course that was a quick experience...water is not warm enough yet! I sat by and soaked in the sun with a new book. I am delving into Pillars of the Earth, it should be interesting.

On Saturday, I was looking for a yummy breakfast place, and I found a GEM! It is called The Farm at South Mountain. It is a little piece of heaven in the concrete world of Phoenix. It focuses on using food from local growers and home "grown" eggs. It was delicious! I had the best egg benedict I have had in a really long time. In addition to a breakfast joint, there is a lunch place and a wine bar! Who knew it was on the other side of the mountain... I am starting to finally feel like a local, when I find these little gems. So, when you guys come visit, we have a breakfast planned :)

Jason and I ventured to the Gila Casino...for about 45 minutes. I tell you what, that place is like a cave. It just sucks you and takes all of your money. Needless to say, we stayed only 45 minutes because we lost all of our money :(...we won't be going back there for a while. I definitley did not repeat my luck from the last time. $20 into $380 did NOT happen.

Hope everyone is well and having a beautiful spring. Please keep Jeff and Jessie Goslin in your prayers, as they are hitting the home stretch of bringing Baby Gos into this world. Also Greg and Lauren Goslin - they are trying to bring their baby ...well house into the world. And they just need to get in the darn thing. Also, throw Helen James, Cel Mohr (my grandmothers) into your prayers as well. I love them and miss them terribly. So any extra thoughts towards them is like a hug from me.

Love y'all.
Misty

1 comment:

khuck said...

That restaurant sounds like a Sarah Huck dream. Will pass it on!