So 2008 is going to be great - my new motto. It is also going to be so stinking busy I don't know if I am going to be able to catch my breath until May! I am currently in South Carolina for a couple of reasons. Wedding, celebrating with Megan on her upcoming wedding and a doctor appointment at Duke. 10 jam packed days that really are fun, but man I actually miss my home and of course I miss Jason. It is weird, we were a long distance couple for six months and survived, now it feels like 10 days are an eternity away from each other...but then again, I have the rest of my life to look at him :).
So, this doctor's appointment in NC is a big milestone. As most of my friends and family know, five years ago I embarked a serious medical journey by having both of my hips "reconstructed". I can't believe it has been five years already - when it seemed in 2002 and 2003 that this would never pass - look where I am now. I can't help but reflect on the time I spent in a wheelchair, on crutches and a walker - I just can't believe it was actually me. It is good to be humbled, and that was my first lesson, don't take anything for granted. (I am totally rambling.) I feel so lucky to have mobility in both of my legs - though they give me trouble sometimes, I am happy that we have gotten over that hump and I was blessed enough to be sent to Duke and Dr. Urbaniak. Five whole years people....
So I have tons of stuff going on with the wedding and such - though I am a little overwhelmed and exhausted from it. I will post pictures of my recent trip and my celebrity encounter with Jamie and Bobby Deen (yes I recognized them and got a picture). I have some pictures of the house and the remodel Jason has been working on - you won't believe the difference.
All in all, we are busy but happy!!! Hugs to all!
Roasted Zucchini and Mushrooms with Feta
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
Can't wait for pics!! Congrats on your wonderful recovery 5 years later!!
Post a Comment