Well you guys, we finally made it to Phoenix. That is of course with plenty of interesting events along the way. Initially, we were supposed to drop Tallulah off on Monday evening - well the stars weren't aligned with my well thought out plan. But luckily the Goslins and Steph were there normal superheros. T got to play with her friend Tripp for a few days while I was busy with taking a class.
Thursday came around and we were finally on our way. T got a front ride seat all the way to the airport - my legs will have puncture wounds for the rest of my life!!! Luckily, she is a great dog and knows who her mama is, but then again that is really unfortunately for those who work for Continental airlines - cause if you haven't figured it out my dog is a BARKER! She had a little trip of her own and it seems to me that she is just fine - a little freaked out on Thursday, but she wasn't too too mad at me.
Now my trip was hysterical. I went to the airport at 4 in the afternoon hoping to get on an earlier flight - but yet that was not in the plans either...so I spent FIVE hours at the airport. Here are my adventures...
1. Standby. Have you ever seen that show on A&E about Southwest airlines...well that is what I imagined this Air Tran employee to act like. She was quite rude and not very understanding, nor was she able to give any information because if she said it was on the computer she might spontaneously combust...so I sat for an hour and a half hoping and praying to with that lottery...I did not!
2. Chili's. I love Chili's I think it is a really good tasty restaurant. What I find even more interesting is some of the people who work there - especially in the airport. I finally sat down next to this girl who clearly thought she was the bee's knees. While she was waiting on her food she had some chicken nuggets and fries. But she sat there with her phone glued to her ear, and only had intermittent comments such as "Oh Girl" "Nu huh"...you know. She very interesting, couldn't figure out if her waiter/waitress was male or female...okay so I know you can forget names - but dude her waiter was clearly MALE. She was a special girl.
3. RUSSIAN . Okay so by this time I have had quite a few beers (2 large ones to be exact) and I had another 1.5 hours to go. So I stopped at one more place... and this is where it gets interesting. So it's my turn to be seated, "Marina" comes up in all her Russian glory and asks (semi-mafia like) "What do you want to drink" Now you have to do that in your best Russian impression...She then yells to "Manuel" "I need a light", which would translate into a Miller Lite. I was then asked to follow her in the most interesting way and a little too much like I was walking into the unknown and needed watch my back. This is when some of you got text's from me or happened to hear my giggles. I was a little tipsy. At this point I knew I needed to remove myself so I didn't feel too poopy on the airplane.
I finally got to my gate and finished the first book of Harry Potter. Yes, I know I am really behind, but I have been coerced into trying and now I need to find a Barnes and Noble in this town.
More to come....
Roasted Zucchini and Mushrooms with Feta
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
Told you you'd love Harry Potter! We miss you already, but we are all so excited for you in your new adventure...
Post a Comment